cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where Are My Ink Levels

bklynmyke
Apprentice

Why won't my pc show me my ink levels for my pro9500 mark II? I just switched from a mac to a pc and I just put in the setup cd-rom and it seemed like everything worked fine except when I click on the spot to check ink levels I just get a message that says it can't check the ink levels. They are official canon ink cartrages and I know I'm out of ink only I don't know which color. Why won't it show me my ink levels? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bklynmyke,

To view the ink levels of your PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II, please follow these steps:

1. Place the cursor in the upper right hand corner of your screen to display the Charms Menu.

2. Click on Search.

3. Type CONTROL PANEL.

4. In the Search Results, click on Control Panel.

5. Click on Hardware and Sound.

6. Click Printers.

7. Right-click the PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II, and then left-click Printing Preferences.

8. Click on the Maintenance tab.

9. Click the View Printer Status button at the bottom.

The ink levels will be displayed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

When you open the ink try door doesn't the empty ink cartridge blink?  I believe it does.  You don't need the computer to tell which one is empty.

Also check you have a bi-directoinal USB cable.  You need a real Printer USB cable and not just some off the wall USB.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements