cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Dead Pixma Pro-100 Printhead??

dfuerpo
Contributor

My three day old Canon Pixma Pro-100 died. Tried to turn it on the morning of day four and nothing...I think the power supply died. I tried everything I could think of... reseat power cord, voltage present at cord printer end, switched out cord. Nothing.

Canon US support was GREAT!  A new (not refurb) printer will arrive today by overnight delivery!.

I have to send the dead printer back (they pay the shipping) and the support technician and email specifically said I should remove and keep the ink cartridges and printhead. The problem is the printhead is in the right locked position, and since it won't turn on I can't get it to move to the center to reach the carts and printhead. Any ideas?

BTW, this was one of the best product support experiences I have ever had!! Canon USA support is a paragon of product support (based on my experience).

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Call Canon Support back and explain. Maybe they'll say forget about removing the head. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Stephen

Hi dfuepro,

Give support a call at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) after 10pm (ET) today. They'll either be able to walk you through the process, or send you replacement ink and heads.

We apologize for the confusion! 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements