Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Unlock Dead Pixma Pro-100 Printhead??

My three day old Canon Pixma Pro-100 died. Tried to turn it on the morning of day four and nothing...I think the power supply died. I tried everything I could think of... reseat power cord, voltage present at cord printer end, switched out cord. Nothing.

Canon US support was GREAT!  A new (not refurb) printer will arrive today by overnight delivery!.

I have to send the dead printer back (they pay the shipping) and the support technician and email specifically said I should remove and keep the ink cartridges and printhead. The problem is the printhead is in the right locked position, and since it won't turn on I can't get it to move to the center to reach the carts and printhead. Any ideas?

BTW, this was one of the best product support experiences I have ever had!! Canon USA support is a paragon of product support (based on my experience).

Honored Contributor

Re: Unlock Dead Pixma Pro-100 Printhead??

Call Canon Support back and explain. Maybe they'll say forget about removing the head. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic

Re: Unlock Dead Pixma Pro-100 Printhead??

[ Edited ]

Hi dfuepro,

Give support a call at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) after 10pm (ET) today. They'll either be able to walk you through the process, or send you replacement ink and heads.

We apologize for the confusion!