cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Canon doesn't allow .icc profiles on Prograf 1000?

geophany
Contributor

Can it be true that I have to guess at an approximate profile on the printer itself when using non-Canon paper? I have profiles for Canson, Hahnemuhle, and Moab papers successfully installed and working in LR Classic on MacOS 12.5. When I look at the printer screen it offers broad categories only, and I can't find anywhere that says the profiles are installable on the machine. It allowed me to install a few more broad categories.

After all that, the printer just approximates? I think I may not understand something here, would love to know how it works.

And are there tables for various papers? I found one on the Canon site that offered only a few equivalents for non-Canon papers. Seem like that would be the bare minimum--again, unless I misunderstand.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

In case a fellow forum member doesn’t chime in, give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. They will work you through it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you--I have a feeling this is too obvious, but I really have no idea what to do. Wondering if I need to connect with a cable for the profiles to show up on the printer?

And if anyone has a help site that might work for me, I'd love to check it!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It sounds like you are using the AirPrint driver. You need to be sure that when you add the printer in System Settings that you add the IJ Series version of the printer. But depending on your level of comfort working with computers you may need to be talking to someone to work you through it. Or have someone help you. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I am connected by USB. Just now I found a menu on the printer under "Various Settings" that pertains to paper. So simple, yet nowhere is that mentioned! Sometimes it's the smallest thing....

Announcements