Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Semi-gloss profile differences Pro-100

Boskey
Contributor
CNBBDYA0.ICM	photo paper plus gloss&gold A

CNBBDMA0.ICM	photo paper plus gloss&gold

What is the difference between photo paper glossy II and photo paper plus glossy II A ?

I find both of these Glossy II media types in my Pro-100 setup, but not on my Pro-10.  Should I be using the profile with the A suffix?

I have found Plat Pro has two types and found where the N version is a revision of the original and should be used.  However, I have found nothing about the A version for Glossy II.

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

For assistance with this particular matter. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This is a non-solution answer to my old posting.

Did you call and not get an answer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes I did call them back in Feb, 2018.  The answer was there was no difference.  This made little sense as Canon created a new profile for the Pro 100 when the paper updated.  I pre-supposed there wasn't enough difference for the Pro-10 since they hadn't created a new profile for the newer paper.  ...or did they simply forget to create a new profile?  The reason for the query is I noticed some color shift when I used the Canon OEM profile/ink/paper during my initial setup and testing of the Pro-10.

I have since created my own profile, problem solved.  However, others may be experiencing the color shift in their prints on photo paper plus glossy II A paper when using the OEM profile.

Announcements