cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting paper type on a Pro-300

nvw
Enthusiast

Hello,

I have a Pro-300 and on the display is shows the paper type (Luster, Matte etc). My question is do I need to change this if I select the correct paper type in my software. In otherwords, does my software paper type settings override the printer settings?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi nvw,

The paper type that you are printing with must be selected on your computer as well as on the display of your printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi nvw,

The paper type that you are printing with must be selected on your computer as well as on the display of your printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So what is the effect if I have different paper types selected on the printer and in the software? Does one take precendence, or does it just confuse the printer?

It will use the settings in the driver. If you have matt loaded and have gloss selected in the driver, then it will use photo black.
Announcements