cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recognizing Pro 100 printer

Iguana
Contributor

Hi folks, This is a bit weird. I print from Lightroom and have two printers set up but going to the same Pro 100 printer.

They are called : Canon Pro 100 series   and Canon Pro 100 "series 2"

I can print fine from the series 2 profile but not from the Canon Pro 100 series.

I want to do a deep clean as I am getting some weird stuff happening but can't do it from the Canon Pro 100 series 2 profile as the Canon IJ Printer Utility doesn't recognize the "Series 2"  - only the Canon Pro 100 series which then says the printer is off line. 

How do I make the Canon IJ Printer Utility recognize the "Series 2 " profile or why can't I just print off the Canon Pro 100 series  profile.

I think I am going mad - madder ?

Any suggestions ? 

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try deleting the "series 2" printer in Printers & Scanners using the "-" button. When that's done right-click on the Pro-100 and reset printing system.

That's how I corrected a situation where I inadvertenly got two versions of my printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

Many thanks for your advice. It did the trick and took about 2 minutes as opposed to the several hours I spent yesterday fiddling around. Onwards and upwards. Cheers from New Zealand. Paul

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" I print from Lightroom and have two printers set up but going to the same Pro 100 printer."

Do you mean you have two physical printers? Or, did you just install one printer two times?  I have use four printers at one time and didn't have any issues.  I use LR and PS exclusively to print.

I am on Windoze not a Mac so if you have a Mac I am of no help.  But I suspect a complete uninstall and reinstall is on order.  Don't leave any drivers or files behind.  Get rid of every one before you reinstall.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Got sorted thanks and yes , basically did a complete uninstall and reinstall which got rid of the duplicate drivers which was the problem.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Glad I could help.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements