cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Canon Support Sucks

Mechanaut
Contributor

Well I have tried repeatedly [too many times]; the submit button (as mentioned above) does not function, and will not submit the report.

So I'll ask here [If any moderator would forward this to the administrator/or support]: You have my contact address, (or PM?).
___
I have a canon Pixma Pro 100 with a missing print head. I came to the canon website to order a replacement, but I cannot find the appropriate product link. It is a standard part included in the box; wrapped separately, and intended for user installation. I cannot buy/install canon inks into (or print with) the machine unless I have the print head.

Please send me the information/web link needed to place my order for one, thanks.

Mechanaut
___

10 REPLIES 10

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Forum rules don't allow postig links to businesses, but a simple Google search can find you a source for five of them at Amazon.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

It's true; (and thanks). But the prices I've seen vary from $100-$300. I came to Canon to find out what the part actually costs new from them; and I assume that a factory direct part comes with a Canon warranty.

*I may have to go the Amazon route.

@Mechanaut wrote:

It's true; (and thanks). But the prices I've seen vary from $100-$300. I came to Canon to find out what the part actually costs new from them; and I assume that a factory direct part comes with a Canon warranty.

*I may have to go the Amazon route.

Even if you did buy the part from Canon, I doubt that it would have a warranty.  If the repair is not performed by a factory trained technician at a factory authorized repair center, then why should they warranty the part?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle

Okay... but why wouldn't it be? (...repair performed by a factory trained technician at a factory authorized repair center.)

I was asking about a new (or refurbished) factory direct part [from Canon] to replace the one I don't have.   

@Topic

Something is flaky abut the support site, because it really is the case that the user can fill out a support request, and not be able to submit it. I experienced this using both Firefox, and Opera. Someone should inspect the scripting for unanticipated states.

Mechanaut wrote:

@Waddizzle

Okay... but why wouldn't it be? (...repair performed by a factory trained technician at a factory authorized repair center.)

I was asking about a new (or refurbished) factory direct part [from Canon] to replace the one I don't have.   

You just quoted the reason.  I apologize if it doesn't make sense to you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Topic

Something is flaky abut the support site, because it really is the case that the user can fill out a support request, and not be able to submit it. I experienced this using both Firefox, and Opera. Someone should inspect the scripting for unanticipated states.

Your browser's settings may be blocking scripts and/or cookies from the Canon web site.  Many people have reported issues with using a given browser, but no issues with using a different one.  The problem is not unique to Canon's site.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Wadizzle "You just quoted the reason.  I apologize if it doesn't make sense to you."

That's rather backhanded of you..  There was no quote; what it said was that if the repair was done by Canon (or their authorized agent), why would it not carry a Canon warranty?

@Waddizzle ""Your browser's settings may be blocking scripts and/or cookies from the Canon web site."  

That only happens when the browser is set to ignore scripts and cookies. Regardless, the site should detect that and function around it... In the very least it should warn the user that it cannot function without scripts and cookies [bad as that dependency is].

@Waddizzle "Many people have reported issues with using a given browser, but no issues with using a different one."  

I've just reported it with two [here]; ie. with a given browser, and with a different one.

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Kathy4
Apprentice

I ordered the wrong ink for my printer and not realizing this, i contacted Canon to find out why my cartridges weren't being recognized.  What followed was a lesson in how to avoid bull**bleep**.  I was told i had to call this number, which i did, the tech siad that my computer had all types of issues and would need a support technician to access my computer for an hour for a fee.    I repeat MY INK RAN OUT and I put in the wrong cartridges.  I was told that no matter what i connected my computer to it would eventually fail if i didn't have the tech adjust my computer, drivers, etc for an HOUR!  I repeat I RAN out of INK and bought the wrong cartridges.  I'm 58 not stupid.  I am so put off with this experienc that I will never buy another Canon product again.  EVER.  

and it looks like no one will ever read this.... so much for support from Canon.. another reason to divorce myself from them

Announcements