Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Smudging - Please help!

artbydakota
Contributor

20191031_202619[3769].jpg

Hi there,

I'm struggling to work out why this awful smudge across the bottom of my prints is happening.. I'm using Canon photo paper, the majority come out perfect but keep getting this happen too. Wasting a lot of time, ink & paper... how do I stop this happening?

I have done a print head alignment and the other check that checks for horizontal white lines. 

It has just started slipping at the last part of the print too, causing them to come out wonky, example is the one with the grey background.

Any advice would be super appreciated, bit new to this. Sorry if this is a dumb question, it's driving me crazy. 

Thanks!!

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, artbydakota!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Yikes, my bad, it's the Pixma Pro 100S, I've had it around a month and have only used Canon Glossy + and Canon Matte photo paper with it

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

Try setting the platen gap to wide or the widest setting possible. This is head bumping and has nothing to do with head alignment. The head is striking the paper. This can happen with thick papers and curly papers. If your machine has a top feed and a back feed, try the back feed so the paper bends less. 

These are things that can help regardless of what model you're using. 

Thanks for the reply. Will try, bit strange though, I have only been using Canon photo papers, nothing too thick. Also only been using the back feed. 

Since it is still under warranty contact Canon support. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Also execute the various roller and platen cleaning options, depending on your printer.

Here is the location for a Pro-100 printer in the printer driver.

Annotation 2019-10-31 115517.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks! I have already tried them all, I only got this printer about a month ago so pretty new. Pixma Pro 100s. Any other ideas?

Announcements