cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professional printing shop recommended?

limvo05
Rising Star

Dear Experts and fellow hobbyists,

Since I can't get permission from the boss (i.e. wife) to get myself a good quality printer. I have decided to send my photos to a professional shop for printing instead. I was wondering if anyone here can recommend a reliable, quality print shop? Also, since I can't decide if I wanted Metal or Acrylic, thus, any word of advice on these subject would be greatly appreciated.

My photos are taken with Canon 5Ds, and the subjects are landscape took from last year trip to Utah.

Thank you,

LV

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

As far as the medium.  Depends on the environment. I like acrylic myself.   But metal might be better suited in some applications. 

Owning a photo printer can be expensive and if you don't use it professionally, its probably more cost effective to pay a little to have occassional prints created for gifts or mounting in your home. 

Lots of people buy pro/semi-pro photo printers, then don't use them for a few months only to find their print head gets clogged and that the cleaning operation to restore print quality costs them $25-$45 dollars everytime they press the button.  This can be a hard pill to swallow.  It just depends on your needs.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick,

Thank you for the advice.

As mentioned in the original posting, I am looking for recommendations on a good quality print shop. Let me know if you know of any.

Cheers,

LV

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

White House Custom Color and Mpix are two that get good reviews.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Easy peasy.  Use Aluminyze.  They print on metal (actual metal ... not just "metallic" coated).  Their gloss on white background prints look absolutely STUNNING.

But the real reason for recommending this is that they're ... not cheap.  After your 2nd or 3rd print ... your wife may let you go ahead and get your own printer.  😉

Good luck!

👍 

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements