cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro9000 Mkii / Catalina / EZ Photo-Print EX?

LoPing
Apprentice

It's my understanding that Canon is no longer supporting the EZ Photo-Print EX app for Mac running Catalina. What is the work around for this issue? Is there an alternative app that people are using? This is a pretty big pain. 

3 REPLIES 3

grneyesca1
Apprentice

i have the same problem: Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15.5 and was using EasyPhoto Print EX but now use an Apple Mac Pro. where is the update for the Easy Photo Print EX for mac OS Catalina or is there a replacement app version to use my Canon Pro9000 MKII? or is my expensive Canon photo printer useless????

I've been researching this for the last two days and I don't see any work around. You can use the LR or PS print plug-in, but it's not as robust as the old EZ Photo-Print. My margins are off, and it's just not as good. 

My work around is that I'm ordering the Epson ET 7700 Ecotank.  Canon did us a pretty massive disservice by not keeping up with the OS updates. The Pro9000 is pretty old anyway so an upgrade was due. 

Good luck getting the help you need. 

Hi grneyesca1,

Since the printer was retired and there are no updated drivers or software, you can try downloading and installing the last drivers made for the printer. Please be advised, the last driver made were for Mac OS High Sierra 10.13 and Canon can't guarantee that they will work with the Catalina operating system.

To install the drivers, please click the link below and change the OS to High Sierra. You will want to download and install the Pro9000 Mark II series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 16.20.0.0 (Mac). On that same page, click the software tab and download Easy-PhotoPrint EX Ver.4.7.2.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements