cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro9000 Mark II has smudges even after cleaning

cybilfisher
Apprentice

I am at a loss to figure out how to fix this issue.  I am attempting to print a couple 8x10s for a client and every print has smudgy lines in it.  I've spent the last hour cleaning, deep cleaning, aligning print heads, roller cleaning and bottom plate cleaning, as well as wasting 3 ink cartriges and 6 sheet pieces of paper trying to fix this issue.  Can someone give me some guidence as to next steps?Bad print

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It looks like you have ink or dirt on the rollers. Obviously the printers self cleaning is not going to fix it!

The 9000 is difficult to get inside of but that may be required. Are the smudges in the same place each time? How about running a lot of regular bond paper through it with out printing on it?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi cybilfisher,

To add to the questions and suggestions made by ebiggs1, I have a few additional questions.  What is the type and thickness of the paper you are using?  Are you using the front manual feed or are you using the rear feed for your paper?  Does the issue occur on every type of media, including a test print on plain paper?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements