cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro9000 MK II is a PIA to change paper from letter to 4x6 when printer is above eye level

Darth
Apprentice

Oh how I miss the bottom cartridge on my old pixma.  When I have to change paper from letter to 4x6 paper, I have to load it by feel.  I can do it but it is a PIA.  The main problem is sliding the paper edge holder over to the new size while still not distorting the papers.  I know that this is picky, but I normally keep letter size paper in the printer, until wife want's some photos printed.  Has anyone figured out any kind of "cartridge" or even a spacer to fill in the gap between the two sizes, without interfering with the slot that feeds the paper?

No other place to move printer lower.  I even tried a small stool to stand on when changing paper, but that didn't work out too good.

1 REPLY 1

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I am guessing you guys use the 9000 for general printing and do occasional photos?  That is a bad idea right there.  The 9000 does not make a good general office type printer.  I suggest you invest in a real office jet of some sort.  Some are in the $50 range and they work very well.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements