cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro9000 Color Profile

girvan
Contributor

I have a couple of calibrated moniters and can't seem to get my Pro9000 to get the prints looking right.  the colors always seem to be off.

I've tried using photoshop to manage the color and tried the printer, as well as a bunch of other variations however it doesn't seem to really get close to what i see on screen.

any suggestions.

thx

check out my blog at www.lightgangsta.com
12 REPLIES 12

Danny

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue! Thanks and have a great day!

sorry about that.

Currently Running Window8 and using 2 calibratred screens with a Spyder3pro.

I have tried various papers and they never seem to come out true to the screen.

Have you set the printer like this? Also all Canon printers I have been around tend to print warm. They all seem to have a red bias. No matter if you calibrate your monitors or not the printer tends to be warm. But you must not let the printer manage color.

1.jpg

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I do have my printer setup that way but still it's not right.

I have fought with this printer for about a year and probably wasted a couple hundred $ of papers.  It's very frustrating

I can understand. Smiley Frustrated But you must understand it is not possible to match all the colors at the same time. You can only do a few. I usually go with skin tones because that is what looks best to most people. And it is what they notice first. Adjust for what looks good and let the rest fall when it may.

You know when you adjust just the reds, for instance, in PS the other colors change ever so slightly, too? Well the printer is the same.

Do you have your grays right?

EB

the grays right on the printer?  no, nothing seems to be right.  On screen , yes, and when i send prints tothe lab they are excellent, but this printer doesn't seem to get dialed in to anything.  I have watched a ton of online videos and read everything there is online and tried everything without much success.  It is kinda close right now, but still notwhat is shown on screen.

I'm to the point that thinking that maybe a different brand of printer is the way to go.

OK but don't get caught up in the idea of matching every color you see on your monitor. You can't do it. One very important thing is to make sure you don't have the brightness and contrast set too high on your monitor. These are critical. More than color!

Now what I do, set it as the above screen shot shows and add a slight amount of cooling filter in PS. Watch your skin tones and adjust as you desire.

You are not going to get all the colors to match! But this makes very nice prints.Smiley Happy

EB

How can the printer "NOT" match the colors.  That seems like a bit of a cop out to be honest.  Here's my setup.

Windows 8

PS CS6 and PS CC

LR 5

C1 7

1 Calibrated LED moniter Spyder 3Pro

1 Calibrated LCD moniter Spyder 3Pro

Both Moniters are about 1/2 up on the brightness

ColorRite Checker

Canon Pro9000

I have it setup like you have the screenshots and the printer color profiles.

I have tried printing on many different kinds of photo and plain papers.  Nothing seems to come close to the screen brightness/colors.

When i send the same file to my usual printer (who used epson machines) they come back pretty much perfect.

I would love to hear from a canon rep on this.

I looked at your site but I didn't see anything about the printer.

I don't use any of the color checkers and just use what looks good to me. I am going to say at this point you are going to have to go into the Color Adjustment page and change them until you get what you are seeing on the screen.

I think I was misunderstanding what you wanted. But now I assume you are getting decent prints they just don't match the colors on the monitor. Like you had a car with a certain shade of blue and you are not getting that exact shade of blue from the printer?

I have five printers here that I use regularly and none print the same. But they all produce great prints! The extent of my calibration is to get the brightness, contrast and 18% gray correct.

I am sorry I could not be of more help. Good luck

EB

EB
Announcements