cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-300 Shifts paper on last .75 inch of printing [Hahnemuhle Fine Art Baryta 325 gsm]

drunkenspyder
Apprentice

Hi All:

New member here. I have been very happily printing with my Pro-300 on a variety of Canon and Hahnemuhle papers. I have printed on 8.5x11 and 13x19 on papers up to 320gsm [Hahnemuhle Photo Gloss Baryta @ 320 and Fine Art Baryta Satin @ 300] with no problems. But today, my printer is not printing properly on Fine Art Baryta [325 gsm]. Everything seems to go smoothly right up iunbtil the final .75 inch, at which point the printer makes a slight grinding-scratching sound, and then the final .75 inch is shifted sideways while the printing process is slightly noisier. I'm probably not describing this very well, so have attached a picture to show the result. This happens in the top slot and the rear feed. I thought maybe the paper was catching on the output tray, but have also confirmed that's not the case. I have an unopened box of Baryta FB @ 350, but if this printer can't handle these higher weights, I'd hate to break the seal on it. This happens whether printing from the Photoshop print window or the canon Professional Print & layout app. Hasn't happened with any other papers. Any suggestions? TIA!IMG_0977.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Give Canon support a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John. I'll probably give that a shot tomorrow, when I can set aside a block of time. For now, I will stick with what has worked.

I seem to be having the same issue with my Pro 300. Did you get an answer from Canon?

malleninsf
Apprentice

I have the exact same problem with my new Pro 300. All working fimne for 3 months then this. You describe it perfectly and your photo shows same result. I spent 30 minutes this morning with a very helpful tech support person.

This is the sequence we initiated and one print worked perfectly after...though it may be an intermittent problem.

Various Settings>Printer Settings>Print Settings>Prevent Paper Abrasion>On

Hope this helps

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements