cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-2000 suddenly printing too light

Manoa
Apprentice

I was getting excellent prints from a roll of Moab Juniper Baryta but the Juniper went out of stock at my supplier and I decided to try a roll of Red River Big Bend Baryta. I installed the Big Bend ICC profile and the corresponding .amx file into the printer. No problems, except that side-by-side with the Juniper prints, the Big Bend prints are far too light, far beyond any normal variation that one might encounter.

At the same time I also updated my printer driver and its firmware to the latest versions. In retrospect this was not a good idea, since Red River tech support can now point to the printer updates as the culprit and Canon can point to the Red River profiles and .amx file as the culprit. 

I do not have any more Juniper but did just make a test print on Moab Entrada, and it came out correctly. The print matches my monitor, in other words. Iʻll be calling the respective tech support lines on Monday, but in the meanwhile I am hoping that someone here on the forum might have experienced a similar issue and done some troubleshooting.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try printing a nozzle check pattern to ensure that all of the inks are printing correctly. Details about this can be found at THIS LINK.  If the nozzles are printing correctly, please contact our support group at 1-800-423-2366 for additional assistance with this matter.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements