cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-1000 printing issue on Mac 10.15.1 Catalina

Oliver_S
Apprentice

Hi everybody, after hours of research and testing I´m happy that I found this forum!

I noticed the same problem that was reported from Pro-10 users:

The printer dialog for paper selection always returns to 'Platinum Pro' with the result of false colors on my Fine Art Papers.

I was not sure if the problem was caused due to the update to Catalina or the change from Photoshop2019 to Photoshop2020.

Is there any hope that Canon already noticed the problem and that it will be resolved soon.

Maybe someone in the US (I´m based in Germany) has a closer contact to the Canon customer relations team? 

Mac OS 10.15.1, Photoshop CC 21.01 (vers. 2020), Canon Pro-1000 driver 21.10.0.0

everything works fine with the same printer driver on a Macbook with OS 10.14.5, Photoshop CC 20.0.4 (vers. 2019), Canon Pro-1000 driver 21.10.0.0

Greetings from Germany, Oliver 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Oliver,

Are you saying the Paper Type is changing after you print a single page?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

blackie36
Contributor
Hi Oliver,

I (and many others) have the same issue since upgrading to Catalina. Canon are aware and have acknowledged this as an issue which they are apparently trying to rectify.

There is another threat here in which a Canon rep responded. Unfortunately no ETA for a fix though.

Hi blackie36,

Thanks for your reply. Good to hear that Canon is aware of the problem. So waiting seems to be the only thing to do for us at this moment.

Oliver

Announcements