cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-1000 nozzle cleaning question

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

I did a nozzle check, and it said I had clogged nozzles. So I ran the check twice now, but each time it wants me to answer the question on the LCD that says "which is closer for printed color patterns?" and then it shows two diagrams. But there is no A. There are three rows, so I'm really confused about what it wants. 

IMG_5960.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, bellvuefineart.

The nozzle check asks if all of the patterns match one of the displayed "All A" patterns in their respective color.  This is intended to guide the customer to check whether one of the horizontal or vertical lines for any of the colors is missing or not printed correctly.  In the case of the Color Optimizer (CO), it's to see if there is a difference between the two strips that print with the Color Optimizer and those strips that print without it.

From the image you posted at the start of this thread, all of the colors seem to have printed correctly; you'll need to make the judgement call on the Color Optimizer as that is easier to determine in person than through a photo of the nozzle check.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

Nobody? Not even anyone from Canon?

Hi bellevuefineart! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums! 

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.

If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. 

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

We hope this helps! 

With all due respect, after almost two days, you just spent more time berating me than it would have taken to answer the question. I wasn’t looking for an immediate, but it would be nice if you could attempt to answer the question. 

I’ll call technical support and then post the answer here. 

Thanks

Hi, bellvuefineart.

The nozzle check asks if all of the patterns match one of the displayed "All A" patterns in their respective color.  This is intended to guide the customer to check whether one of the horizontal or vertical lines for any of the colors is missing or not printed correctly.  In the case of the Color Optimizer (CO), it's to see if there is a difference between the two strips that print with the Color Optimizer and those strips that print without it.

From the image you posted at the start of this thread, all of the colors seem to have printed correctly; you'll need to make the judgement call on the Color Optimizer as that is easier to determine in person than through a photo of the nozzle check.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks so much. That did answer my question. Thank you. 

Announcements