cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 1000 Media config tool and calibration

maucamo
Enthusiast

Hallo, Pro 1000 has an internal color calibration, but I can do calibration only on rear tray. I do that with canon pro luster paper. But, when I use third parts papers, that I have to put on manual tray because of thickness, cannot I calibrate that paper? In media config tool I can select only rear tray to do calibration. Is that correct?

In Media config tool, creating custom paper, I can save it ICC profile. If I want to print a paper, selecting my custom paper BUT I want to use in photoshop, lightroom ecc another ICC profile (for example a black and white icc created for that paper), what's happen? Photoshop bypass the ICC profile inserted on media config tool or that can create some issue?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi maucamo,

You are correct, with the pro-1000 you will only be able to calibrate using the rear tray. To answer your question about ICC profiles I will need some additional information since color management is handled differently depending on your operating system. To assist further, could you reply to this message with the version of the Mac or Windows operating system that you are using on the computer?

I am using mac osx 10.15.4

Hi maucamo.

To set a different ICC Profile from what is set in Photoshop, first bring up the Print dialogue.

1. Select Color Matching from the pop-up menu.

figure:Color Matching in the Print dialog

2. Select ColorSync.

3. Set the Profile to the second ICC Profile. 

(Note for others that may find this post: Using different ICC Profiles may cause colors to become warped.)

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements