cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 100 resets paper size to 8.5"x11" while printing with 13"x19"

coolshivkant
Apprentice

Hi,

I recently bought Canon Pro 100 printer. When I am trying to print on 13"x19" paper, the printer resets the paper size to 8.5"x11" (which I see in Canon IJ Preview), irrespective of the tray being manual feed tray or rear tray.

IJ Preview has options to change paper type and print quality but paper size can't be changed there.

I have tried setting paper size in page setup, print dialog box but it gets reset when it reaches preview.

I am using Gimp 2.1 on WIndows 10 with the driver version 10.0.17134.

One thing that I noticed just now is that the printer property is showing paper size 13"x19" while the printer is off. While it is turned on, it falls back to 8.5"x11".

Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers to see if this will help with your issue.  Visit www.usa.canon.com to download the latest drivers for the product.

If the issue persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Michael wrote:

Hello.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers to see if this will help with your issue.  Visit www.usa.canon.com to download the latest drivers for the product.

If the issue persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for quick reply. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver but the problem didn't resolve.

I'll try to reach out to support group.

Thanks,

Hello coolshivkant.

The driver ID you listed is for Microsoft msdwdrv.dll, which is a MS Windows file.

If you go to Devices and Printers do you see a Canon printer or a WS version of the printer?

2018-08-11.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi Jeff,

Apologies, I was away travelling and then printer issue got deprioritized.

Here is how control panel shows the printer.

Printer.PNG

Do you see any issue with the printer driver/configuration?

Thanks,

Announcements