cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 prints my B&W in sepia

otava
Enthusiast

I have now struggeled with this for months. Cannot get desant B&W prints. They all turn out to be sepia or brownish. I print from Photo Shop Elements 11 using Print Studio Pro. Yes the B&W tag is checked. The only way would be to remove all the color cartridges, but then the thing does not print. Should I buy a separate dedicated B&W printer?

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you working from a color image that you want to print in B&W or are you trying to print an image you have converted to B&W in software?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes I have and the images are originally B&W scanned fotos. Using Print Studio Pro and have check the B&W button. The print gives hint of brownish or pinkish shade.

The B&W option is for converting color to B&W, or when you want to print a B&W print and adjust the tone. Try unchecking that option and printing. I get very good results that way.

Here are manuals: https://www.cubbyusercontent.com/pl/Canon+Pro-100+Manuals/_9e886cddfbc04caa9248d99e17228c5b

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks
Yes indeed there is a difference. B&W unchecked gives a sharper more deep black result. Now then after a long struggle to reach this comes the odd feeling when being able to compare those two results, do I nonetheless like the original one? But anyway thanks a lot.

You can also "tune" the print by printing the ring around. Color and B&W.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

dnickson
Contributor

Love my Pro 100 for years, but it recently turned on me and began printing my prized B&W (scanned from negatives, some 50 years old) with a muddy sepia tint. Gone were the sharp blacks and whites, the contrast, the print looking like it did on the monitor.

I tried cleaning the print head. Changed all the inks. Went outside, turned around three times and grunted real hard.

Nada.

Any suggestions, anyone?

Don the Novice

Try reinstalling the driver and then verify all in-driver settings. 

Print a standard test print like the Outbackphoto test print. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

JR:

Many thanks for the reassuring response. Light at the end of the funnel.

I downloaded what I think is the Pro 100 driver (novice, remember?), and did the "Save" command, whereupon it went into the files someplace.

Question: does it do the rest (e.g., replace the defective driver) by itself, or is there another step? And I am not sure what is meant by "verify the driver". Sounds like a query of some kind, si?

Sorry to be such an ignoramus on this (e.g., my VCR still blinks "Midnight, Midnight").

Thanks,

DN

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
“Save” doesn’t sound right. What operating system are you using.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements