Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 prints dimensions not accurate from Photoshop 😤

BuddyandElsa
Contributor

Help!!!

New printer.

Photoshop CS3

Pro-100 printing larger than the size I designate through Photoshop.

Any thoughts from others would be so helpful!!

p.s., the print dialog box appears so much more rudimentary than my previous pro-9000, not sure if this is relevant.

7 REPLIES 7

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The PRO-100 should operate similar to the Pro9000.

First, make sure that the correct paper size is being specified before you print.  You may also have to use the Crop tool in Photoshop and specify the dimensions to match the paper size.

If you continue to have issues, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What operating system? If you are on a MAc do you have the Bonjour versin of the printer driver or the Canon version?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi,

I have El Capitan.

I figured it out with a simple step.

But I went through an unpleasant process to get there.

In desperation, I googled "Canon printer technical support", and where normally I am very careful about listings that come up, a site called something like, "Canon USA technical support" came up with a toll free (844) (already weird!) area code.  I called, I think I was talking to India, and when I asked about the company he told me Canon contracts out to  and authorizes other companies for third party technical support.  he asked if he could share my computer screen and since I believed I was talking to Canon, I said yes and he swooped in, scrambled through my computer at high velocity, told me what a mess it is, told me I had to buy this "Anti-Threat" software, asked me if I do onine banking and shopping to which I answered in the affirmative (obviously still believing I was talking to Canon even though I felt uncomfortable with what he was doing), he opened up the Walmart website, showed me the software to buy that was $1,200 to buy, then told me I could buy it online elsewhere for $249, and then told me that he could help me with my printing issue for $149.  I paid him nothing and hung up.

The next day I called the Canon website and "Roy" at technical support assured me that Canon does not contract out to 3rd party technical support, he told me to download another driver, and VOILÀ!, everything is perfect now.

Thank you for wanting to help me figure it out!

Hmmmm....

I'm still having problems.

It was recommended I use PrintStudio but my PhotoShop program is not compatible with PrintStudio because my PhotoShop is too old.

My Pro-100 is now printing a smaller area than I've designated.

So frustrating.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
What version of Photoshop?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Photoshop CS3

Announcements