cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 100 prints color lines on the long right side of a print

vlao
Contributor

I bought my Canon Pixma Pro 100 last march and from the start I've been having this problem when it ocasionally prints multicolor lines on the right side of the print. It also changes the ratio of the images, squeezing them to the left and making the images narrower than they were supposed to be, making the whole print unsuable even if you cut out the lines

IMG_03391.jpg

I've been trying to solve this on my own for the last 6 months and I still can't find any pattern to this problem, it just happens sometimes with no apparent reason. I thought it might be the wireless connection, but it can happen when I use usb cable as well.

I've only found another similar looking issue reported on the forum in here: https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/canon-pixma-pro-problem/td-p/239926/h... . But I don't use custom size paper

I print in Photoshop using Print Studio Pro, Mac OS. I mostly print on Canon Luster A4 paper and haven't printed much on any other paper so don't know if it's related to the paper.

Hope there is someone who knows how to fix this. Any suggestions are welcome

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Since you are on a Mac go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners and verify that you have the Canon IJ Series version of the printer installed and not the AirPrint version.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hey John, thank you for taking time to help me,

I can't see a confirmation in Printers & Scanners that it is a Canon IJ Series (nor AirPrint). But that is what I chose over Bonjour while setting up the printer's connection in IJ Network Tool.

I'm attaching a screenshot, I've checked everything within that window, maybe you can guide me where I should look

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 11.09.18 PM.png

That's the correct version. I see you have two printers installed. You could probably delete the top one that is offline (unless you actually have two physical printers installed.)

Is your PSP the latest version (2.2.3?).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

The top one is for printing over USB. I deleted it now, will check if that makes any difference.

And yes, I have the latest version of PSP, as well as the drivers, the firmware and IJ network tool

Just happened again with a BW print. I was adjusting for BW printing, trying different values of Brightness, Contrast and Tone Strength. Set two identical pictures on a A4 canvas, printed the top one first with one values, then the second one with another values of Tone Strength and it came out with this grey line on the right side. Nothing else was different in the settings. I did not reduce the size of the image too.

What do I do wrong or do I have a faulty printer?

IMG_2845-.jpg

Do you have a Canon support line you can call?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

vlao
Contributor

Updating what I have figured out in case someone has a similar issue.

I did call the local (Chinese) Canon customer service, and they came to see my printer. They were of some help, however they did not seem very familiar with the printing process on PRO 100. What they end up recommending me is printing through Photoshop and not via Print Studio Pro. Which eliminated the problem with the lines, but introduced a whole new set of problems making an accurate print.

Fast forward a few months and many wasted packs of paper and ink, I seem to have finally figured it out in the end. What eventually has made sense of it all is the miraculous i1Studio device that I rented for a couple of days to calibrate my printer. And now, finally, the printer produces exactly what I want to see without having to dance around the machine and doing 20 adjustment print strips.

In case anyone who reads this still in figuring out the correct printing process stage, here is the right way to print via PS module using custom ICC: https://www.redrivercatalog.com/profiles/how-to-use-icc-color-printer-profiles-photoshop-cs6-cc-mac....

Printing sucks. As does the Canon's support system. No info, no proper guidance. I'm glad I finally can print without doing some sort of crazy ritual before every image.

Announcements