Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can't Install Manual Pixma Pro-100

[ Edited ]

Hi. I can't install a manual for my new Pixma Pro-100 because my mac detects malware and won't install it. OS 10.15.5 Catalina. Anybody have a solution to this? Thanks so much.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can't Install Manual Pixma Pro-100

Greetings,

Without knowing your environment, or where you got the file from, this is only a guess.

Things you might try:

Obtain a copy of the manual from the products support page:

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDMwMDAxMDU4OTAz&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

If you have a 3rd party AV installed, disable or remove it temporarily

or 

Disable GateKeeper, allow Apps from "anywhere" or unknown developers..  then re-enable after the file is installed.  This is done from a terminal window.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, Rick: 

Many thanks for your help. I'm on an iMac Operating System 10.15.5 Catalina. I got the manual from the CD that was supplied with the purchase of my new Pixma Pro-100 and I downloaded from the Canon site as well. I don't have Gatekeeper. 

Could you please resend link? It doesn't work.

thanks again!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The software version of the manual is 32-bit and won't work on Catalina.

You can access a web-based version here:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/M/PRO-100S%20series/EN/CNT/Top.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, John: Thanks very much for the link. On that page I found Overview of the Printer and Troubleshooting to contain the Manual for the Pro-100. I can't download it but I can review it online anytime. I appreciate your help!

deborah

Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

Hi deborah120.

To clarify, the manual link provided is for the European PRO-100S.  It is functionally identical, in processes and software, to the PRO-100 with up-to-date firmware.

Did the above post answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button there so that others may find the answer as well.