cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 printing streaks on bottom and side of image

waymcg10
Contributor

Printing streaks on the side (1/2 inch) and bottom (1 inch) of print using colors in the photo. Called Canon support last week and agent (after being transferred 2X!) had me remove the Pro-100 from the list of active printers/scanners in Apple Preferences (Catalina) and then add it back, which fixed the problem all week. The agent assured me it wouldn't happen again. But, of course, it did, this morning, after not using the printer for a couple of days. Installed the firmware update and am not sure if that has anything to do with it. The agent said no. Haven't seen anyone else with this problem.canon pro-100 samples.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum waymcg10.

1. what software are you printing from?

2. Are you printing on the correct side of the paper?

3. wifi or usb connection to printer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the reply, John, and the welcome. The images I attached to my initial post were printed using Canon Print Studio Pro, but I also printed using Photoshop with the same problem. I use a USB connection and I double-checked the paper to make sure I had the right side up. I used Red River Arctic Polar Satin paper which is pretty easy to tell the front from the back. I also unplugged/re-plugged the printer, did a nozzle check, printhead cleaning (even though it wasn't necessary), and printhead alignment. Any ideas on what to try next besides taking a hammer to it would be very much appreciated.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Hi. Have you installed the latest Catalina driver from Canon site?

If the tech helped I would assume he verified this, but do you have the IJ Series version installed, and not AirPrint?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks, again, John. I did install the latest driver. The question of whether I have the IJ Series versus the Airprint version never came up with the technician. He just thought that because the printer was added before I installed Catalina, just removing it and then adding it back in would solve the problem, which it did for a while. When I asked whether I should do that whenever it happens again, he said it wasn't necessary, that it wouldn't happen again. Of course, it did and when I removed/added the printer this time, it didn't help. I'm going to check out and make sure I have the right version installed and see if that resolves the problem. Thank you for the suggestion.

When you go to add the printer the Airprint version usually appears first. Wait a while - could be a few minutes - till the IJ Series appears.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I installed the IJ Series driver as you suggested and then printed a different image, of which I got 2 good prints. Yay!! Then I tried printing the initial image I had the problem with, which, unfortunately, printed with the streaks again. When comparing the two images on PS, I noticed that the troubled image had 0 layer and no background layer, while the image with the good print actually had a background layer. When I changed the o layer to a background layer on the image that was giving me the problem, I was able to get some good prints with no streaks. I don't know if this is the ultimate solution, but I'll take it for today. Thank you, again, John, for your help. If this occurs again in the future and I get any new useful information from Canon support that helps, I'll share it.

Glad that worked out. I don't use PS so they kind of issues you experienced would never have occured to me.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I've used it for years and it hadn't occurred to me! I'm still not convinced that's the problem, but it worked for today. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Wayne

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements