Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Pro-100, no CD, No Mini Master download to connect to new wifi

Hi,

I'm having trouble connecting my computer wirelessly to my Pixma Pro-100. My Wifi has changed and I have a MacBook Pro without a CD drive. The printer is still connected to the old Wifi network name when I print the report.

I saw in a past discussion that Pro-100 Mini Master can be downloaded in Drivers and Software and used to re-set up the printer, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore or at least doesn't exist for my Mac OS.

Any suggestions on what can be done?

Thanks!

Sarah

Honored Contributor

Re: Pro-100, no CD, No Mini Master download to connect to new wifi

Try this:

FCE35AC7-8527-4913-95FC-41E6540CCFB8.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, jrhoffman75,

I had tried this multiple times and everytime I got the blue light to flash and hit the WPS button, the error light would flash yellow on the printer. It's still "connected" to the old internet Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

You could download and try the IJ Network Tool. It’s available for Mojave, so should work with all versions.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Product Expert

[ Edited ]

Hi imbrium,

First, to reset your PIXMA PRO-100, please press and hold the RESUME/CANCEL button then release the button when the POWER lamp flashes 15 times.

Next, please download and instal the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app on a mobile device.

Please place your PIXMA PRO-100 in cableless setup mode:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Tutorial/PRO-100S%20series/EN/TRL/trl-9000.html

Then follow the steps in the appropriate page below to set up your PIXMA PRO-100 for wireless use using that app:

(for iPhone/iPad)  https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART162563

(for Android)  https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART164967

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Occasional Contributor

Hi thanks for your reply!

I followed all directions, but the app is unable to find the printer on the network Smiley Sad

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

jrhoffman754, I will give it another try! Thanks for your suggestion.

Occasional Contributor

I figured it out, in case anyone else is having this issue!  I had to delete the printer driver completely from my computer again. Then I downloaded the network tool but pushed WPS button before putting the computer in wireless setup mode.

The computer recognized the printer and I was able to confirm the new network. Then I added the printer through System Preferences. This is for MacOS. Thanks for all your suggestions!