cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100 Printing Incorrect Size

jordynalison
Apprentice

I recently switched the media type from Matte Photo Paper to Glossy Photo Paper for a one time project. That's the ONLY thing I have changed. Now when I switch back to Matte Photo Paper it is printing the incorrect size (like wayyy too big).

Paper Size & destination paper size: 8.5 x 5.5 

Mac OS, printing greeting cards and not photo prints. I use Preview to print because it's much easier for me and haven't had an issue with sizing all year. 

Why did changing the media type screw up everything? And how do I fix this?!

1 REPLY 1

phildeman
Contributor

Hi Jordy,

I had a similar problem.  I use Photoshop CS6 on a Mac Pro and I have Canon Imageprograf Pro-1000.  The printer settings needed to be set to the paper media and size that I was using, as well as the printer.

The steps to my resolution may be slightly different, since I am using Photoshop CS6 and Canon Imageprograf Pro-1000.  I believe the settings in your software may be similar.  If not then check the manual for futher instructions.

In your software printer settings, make sure:
1. Printer: Canon Pixma Pro-100

2. Printer Profile is set to your Paper's iCC profile that you are using (ie: Canon Matte Paper)

3. Paper Size: Use preset size or cutom size.

This is where things went weird for me.  After going through all of the software's Printer Settings and configurations, I found that in addition to setting the Paper Size, I had set the Destination Paper Size to the same size as the printer size.  This is weird.  The Destination Paper Size is found in the software's Printer Setup, in Printer Settings, in Paper Handling.  There should be a field called Destination Paper Size.  Set that to be identical to the paper size you set in the Print Settings.

Again, I am using a different Canon printer, and most likely uses a different driver set, but your issue, regarding printing the incorrect size, happened to me. 

Note: The Imageprograf Pro-1000 has a display control panel on the printer.  I have to set the paper type and size, as well.

Good luck.

-Phil-

Announcements