cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 100 compatibility with Mojave

walldoc1984
Apprentice

Can I update to Mojave from High Sierra and best recommendation for color calibration. The prints are very contrasty and yellow compared to the Retina display. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

George_-
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi walldoc1984,

Your printer can be used with Mojave.

The appearance of yellow tint and contrasted prints may be related to the print settings selected.  To help determine whether the cause is the printer, please click HERE and confirm that the nozzle check pattern prints correctly.

After confirming the nozzle check pattern prints as expected, try printing the original image using a different program like the Canon Easy-PhotoPrint EX or My Image Garden software to confirm the print settings are correct.  Please click HERE for steps to navigate to the Drivers & Downloads page for your printer.

Does this help resolve the issue described?  If not, please include a picture of the results of the nozzle check pattern and the original printed with the Canon software and the paper used.  If this worked, please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It depends on what model Mac you have. The Apple website will tell you which models are compatible witth Mojave.

Xrite i1 Pro is an excellent screen calibrator.

If you go to System Preferences->Printers and scanners what version of the Pro-100 do you see? AirPrint or IJ Series.

What software are you printing from?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have a new Imac. I'm asking if hte Printer will work with Mojave. The paperwork only lists up to High sierra. I don't see either Airprint or IJ listed. It is version 16.20.0.0. I'm printing from either Photo or Affinity. Thanks for your input.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
OK. Yes, if you install the driver you listed it will be compatible with Mojave. I have a Pro-100 working on Mojave.

When you add the printer you want to wait until the IJ Series printer shows up as a choice. It could take several minutes.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

George_-
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi walldoc1984,

Your printer can be used with Mojave.

The appearance of yellow tint and contrasted prints may be related to the print settings selected.  To help determine whether the cause is the printer, please click HERE and confirm that the nozzle check pattern prints correctly.

After confirming the nozzle check pattern prints as expected, try printing the original image using a different program like the Canon Easy-PhotoPrint EX or My Image Garden software to confirm the print settings are correct.  Please click HERE for steps to navigate to the Drivers & Downloads page for your printer.

Does this help resolve the issue described?  If not, please include a picture of the results of the nozzle check pattern and the original printed with the Canon software and the paper used.  If this worked, please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Updated drivers and loooks much better. Where do 

I find the Image garden and easy photo print programs?

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...

Drop down to 10.13 to get Easy Photo Print

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements