cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 Printing bad colors

GriffinNC
Contributor

I have a Pro-100 that I'm working on some prints for. I've honestly have had just over a year and rarely use it. Everytime I seem to be fighting a color issue with it. A lot of my prints come out with a very bad magenta tint to them. I've gone through hours of settings. I do my printing from Photoshop CC currently for the most part, but even just printing from Windows photos the results are the same. What I have narrowed down is that it resolves around selecting photo paper in the Printer settings. The photos come very dark and reddish. If I select plain paper the photo color looks great but it has some lines running through it every 1/4" or so. It's that way whether I use actual plain paper or photo paper. Obviously it's getting very expensive to burn through ink and paper trying to figure this out and I've probably printed 2-3 dozen pages trying to get it worked out. I could use any help possible. Print Preview is turned off Drivers have been uninstalled, reinstalled several times. As well I have two seperate PC and I get the same results from both them. Both images are printed on photo paper regardless of the setttins.  I've tried in Lightroom as well with the same results as well as using the Canon Printing plug-in.

Set Photo Paper

IMG_5164[1].JPG

Set to Plain Paper

IMG_5163[1].JPG

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I will try and assist you GriffinNC.

1. run a nozzle check just to be sure all is well.

2. Can you post a screen shot of your Lightroom print settings from right hand side of screen.

3. You typed PC so I am assuming it is a Windows machine.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks. I ran another nozzle check and it seems fine. I attached a photo of it below. This is a Windows 10 machine and generally I print from Photoshop CC instead of Lightroom. I have tried LR, but get the same effect in either.

Print Settings.jpg

IMG_5165[1].JPG

Is your printer driver setup like this?

Annotation 2019-08-04 162138.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes, I have color management set to none.

I notice in your nozzle check the PM is darker than the M. Double check that the ink cartridges are installed properly. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

GriffinNC
Contributor
I noticed that as well. I checked the cartridges and they are I the right slots. In fact I tried to flip the pm and the m around and it wouldn’t print like that. How much ink is store in the print head after a cartridge is pulled?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yea, I'm trying to avoid that. The printer is past it's 1 year warranty by a few months and last time I called they wanted my CC and $150 just to start talking. That's almost half what I can buy a new one of these printers for now days.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I don’t work for Canon, I’m just a happy customer, but that sounds like you weren’t on the Canon support site. I have never been asked for money.

But you are right on cost. When Canon runs the frequent rebate program the printer nets at around $100 or so. Repair is definitely not cost effective.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements