cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 100 Lightroom Plugin Will Not Appear

tlovegrove
Apprentice

I had to reinstall Lightroom, and since then I cannot get the Canon Print Studio plugin to reinstall. 

I have: 

• downloaded the Print Studio Pro software from the canon website and installed it (and reinstalled it) several times. It never shows up in Lightroom.
  • Tried to add the plugin manually in Lightroom, which allows it to show up in the Lightroom menu, but then gives me an error message and won't work. 
  • Tried to run the installer directly from the Print Studio Pro folder (i.e., the PSETUP or PSETUP2 files). These run, though they don't seem to recognize that Photoshop and Lightroom are on my computer. When I manually select the location of Lightroom, the plugin appears to install, but then it still doesn't show up in Lightroom. 

So, what have I not yet tried??

Tim

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did it show up in Lightroom before the reinstall of LR?

What OS and version of Lightroom?

Did you install  ss directed here:

2018-01-30 (1).png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

tlovegrove
Apprentice

To anyone else who might have this problem, I did somehow get it fixed. I followed the following steps, though I'm not sure which one did the trick:

I ran PSETUP2 (and also PSETUP) from Program Files > Canon > Print Studio Pro

After it gave me the error message saying it couldn't find a compatible program, I manually selected "browse" and tried it several times choosing every possible location I could think of: 

Program Files > Canon > Print Studio Pro > CNPSPPILR.lrdevplugin

Program Files > Canon > Print Studio Pro > CNPSPPILR.lrdevplugin > CNPSPPILR.lrdevplugin

Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Lightroom Classic CC

Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Lightroom Classic CC > CNPSPPILR.lrdevplugin

Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Lightroom Classic CC > CNPSPPILR.lrdevplugin > CNPSPPILR.lrdevplugin

Then, after having attempted all of those, I then went into the Lightroom Plugin manager and manually loaded the plugin, which then appeared and worked correctly. 

Announcements