cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 ICC files?

bobkoure
Apprentice

I'm on Win 10. I have a Pixma Pro-100 installed, I've just reinstalled the drivers and rebooted the PC.

I am trying to use Canon Pro Paper Plus Semi Gloss and Luster.

I'm using DxO Photolab to print. When I go to 'Color profile managed by DxO Photolab' (as opposed to letting the printer handle it, I have two options: CBNJPRN3 and CIERJB - as well as 'Import ICC Profile'

When I select 'Import', it shows me, pretty much, the contents of my Windows color profile folder (c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color).

At a wild guess, the cryptically named ones starting with 'CNB' are Canon(?) Is there a decoding ring somewhere?

I found Canon's page Understand Canon ICC Profile Names - which doesn't make things any clearer

I've done some web searching, and it doesn't seem possible to download Canon paper color profiles, but I might already have them from my printer driver - and my app just isn't converting the filename to a more user-friendly name.

Thanks for any help/pointers!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Those are the ICC profiles.  Yes, they are named cryptically

See jrhoffman75 post:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Where-are-ICC-Profiles-for-Pro-100-lo...

Oh...  here's the decoder ring

http://gowdygroup.org/public/CanonICCprofilesXref.pdf

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum Bob.

Here is one thing you could try:

Copy the Canon ICC profiles you are interested in and paste them to your desktop. 

Using the information Rick provided change the file name to CanonSemiGloss and CanonLuster, as appropriate.

Move them back into the spool/drivers/color folder.

Now when you go to import an ICC profile you can import the newly labeled file.

The ICC profiles have an embedded file name in them. You can see that by using the ICCToolkit downloadable software.

Apparently DxO doesn't read that embedded name.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Those are the ICC profiles.  Yes, they are named cryptically

See jrhoffman75 post:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Where-are-ICC-Profiles-for-Pro-100-lo...

Oh...  here's the decoder ring

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum Bob.

Here is one thing you could try:

Copy the Canon ICC profiles you are interested in and paste them to your desktop. 

Using the information Rick provided change the file name to CanonSemiGloss and CanonLuster, as appropriate.

Move them back into the spool/drivers/color folder.

Now when you go to import an ICC profile you can import the newly labeled file.

The ICC profiles have an embedded file name in them. You can see that by using the ICCToolkit downloadable software.

Apparently DxO doesn't read that embedded name.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Seems like I should point out the issue to DxO so the next PhotoLab user trying to print on a Canon printer doesn't have to do all sorts of research. They're relatively responsive.

I mostly wanted to see how their built-in print functionality compared with the Canon-supplied 'Print Studio Pro' that comes as a Photoshop plugin.

Thanks!

Hi John,

I"m still new to the whole ICC profile aspect. Your comment of change the ICC name to a label that is recognizable is a great suggestion. I have download and found the ICC profiles for the Canon photopaper products. My question is how do I relate those names to a specific name that photopaper is packaged in.

Let me explain... for example I purchased "Photo Paper Plus Glossy II" and beneath that Product title is "PP-301". Thats' cool, now which Canon Profile Descriptions does that relate to  for example  <GLA><PPA> 1/2 Photo Paper Plus Glossy Y Gold A - or - <GLA><PPA> 3 Photo Paper Plus Glossy Y Gold A?

I assume that the title "Photo Paper" equates to "PP" of PP-301?

I can also assume 1/2 may be in refernce to PP-201 or PP-101...and since I have PP-301 I assume it would reference <GLA><PPA> 3 Photo Paper Plus Glossy Y Gold A? 

Am I on the right track?

I can only assume the "II" of Photo Paper Plus Glossy II has no relevance in this case.

So, is my interpretation correct with how to interpret the marketing dribble on the product packaging to the ICC profile?designator.

Your help to assist my understanding for identify the correct Canon Paper product to the correct Canon ICC profile would be most welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks Stephen

Hi Stephen. Welcome to the forum. 

The 1, 2 and 3 relate to the quality settings for the paper. 

The link between the paper common name and he Canon file description is here:

Come back if you have additional questions. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks John,

I'm starting to see the pattern of Canon's marketing packing blurb to identifying the actually Canon ICC profile.

Thanks again and have a great day.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend
Hi Bob,
Fellow DXO user, you mean like me. LoL

I've been using photo lab since v1. I see you're on the DxO forms as well for the last 199 days. Are you using v4 yet? The deep prime in HSL are awesome.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements