cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 100 ICC Profiles - where are the defaults?

techdef
Apprentice

Hi there - I cant beleive I'm asking this, but just had to replace an old mac & simply cannot figure out how to get default ICC profiles for the PRO-100?! Downloaded the CUPS driver and all the other garbage off the canon website, and zilch in the profiles. Nothing for Canon papers. All the 3rd party are fine and easy to handle, but where do you download for Canon Papers?

Searching internet just says they should have installed automagically...

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you install the driver from the Canon website you will get the Canon profiles installed.

When you added the printer via the System Preferences window did you add the IJ printer version or the Bonjour version?

You want the IJ version. When you click the + to add a printer it might take a little while - usually the Bonjour version pops up first.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you install the driver from the Canon website you will get the Canon profiles installed.

When you added the printer via the System Preferences window did you add the IJ printer version or the Bonjour version?

You want the IJ version. When you click the + to add a printer it might take a little while - usually the Bonjour version pops up first.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you! I've been adding it via Bonjour as that's the first one that pops-up. Adding as IJ and a reboot does the trick!
Announcements