cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing down and to the right

icodyonline
Contributor

Hello, I'm new here, so sorry if this has been posted else where, but I couldn't find it. 

I just got a Pixma Pro-100. LOVE IT! However, when I print, the photos always have a border if I choose None on "Amount of extension for borderless printing. I want the ENTIRE photo printed, not a slightly cropped one, which is what happens is you choose small, medium or large. So I choose my 4x6 with None for that option, it prints EVER so slightly down and to the right. In print settings I have set: Printer: Pro-100, Media Type: Other Glossy Paper (I use Epson 4x6) and for paper size I choose: 4x6.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. FullSizeRender 2.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I think you are dealing with the fact that there are manufacturing tolerances to deal with.

You select None and the printer does its best to get the entire image on the paper, but its not perfect.

Select one of the extension options and the printer makes the image slightly larger, but you loose some becasue it overprints the paper.

I've never found a way aroiund this on my Pro-100. I use a quality paper trimer and just cut off the tiny white area.

As an aside, you don't want to do a lot of borderless printing because you wind up spraying ink inside the printer and it can wind up getting on prints if it gets a lot of it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Well dang. I'll just have to keep playing around with it. I know you can do it. I mean, that's one of the reasons you have to choose the paper size, so the printer knows where and how big to print right? 

If you are printing from either Lightroom, Photoshop or Photoshop Elements you can try using Canon Print Studio Pro and see if that has a slightly different result.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

That's what I use now. Lightroom 5 with Print Studio Pro. 

I just checked with DPP and PSP. Don't yoy get an extension option of None, Small, Medium, Large, Statndard?

If you check default I get Standard.

If I go into the rpinter driver and select Borderless I get a popup that tells me the image will be enlarged slightly.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

That's what I said in my original post. I have those options, however, when I select None and the borderless, I still have that small margin. 

Understood. But It looks like the default Canon setting is not None because they know they need to have a little enlargement to be sure the entire page is covered.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

If I DO select an option, like small, medium, etc... the photo is then enlarged and cuts off parts of the photo. Hopefully this can be fixed with an update. 

I don't think so. Its what they expect to happen.

Capture2.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements