cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 100 Driver and OS X 10.9.4

dgbarar
Apprentice

Just recieved my new Pixima Pro 100 printer that I am using with OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 and Photoshop CC.  I have a question regarding the printer driver.  Whenever I install the printer I get CUPS driver version 10.98.1.

I have download the current CUPS driver 10.89.2.  Unfortunately, uninstalling and reinstatlling the Pro 100 does not result in updating the driver to version 10.89.2

I have looked at the infromation contained on Canon's website and it states the following:

"Phenomenon: When overwriting the old version, the version number of the driver displayed in [Options & supplies] of [Print & Fax] may not be updated. Solution: In the [Print & Fax] window, click the "+" button to register the queue of the applicable driver again after clicking the "-" button to delete the queue of the applicable driver."

I am assuming what this means is to unistall the printer and the reinstall with the printer with the new driver.  Unfortunately, this does not result in the installation version 10.89.2 of the driver.

Can anyone help me on how to update the driver to version 10.89.2?

Cheers,

Don Barar

2 REPLIES 2

tomp1977
Apprentice

I've the same issue with tha pixma 9000 Mark II. 

Can't seem to update to the latest version.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I spoke with Canon technical support. Even though the updated says 10.89.2 the most recent version of the driver is 10.89.1. There is an error in the update program that reports the wrong version number.

Cheers,

Don Barar
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements