cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 Alternating Blinking Lights

matthewkee
Apprentice

I have a brand new out of box Pro-100. Unforunately, it has sat around for over a year but I thought it would be fine in a climate controlled basement. 

I finally got it out, set it up, and turned it on and... the power light and the resume button light are blinking alternately. the Ink cardridge carrier doesn't move. The printer does not connect to wifi or to a PC via usb.

A reddit thread indicated that all that can be done is to contact support. 

(the email support form would not send)

I feel like I'm in a bad news situation.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

See this thread. 

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Pixma-pro-100-will-not-power-up/td-p/...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

All right, I took on a hunch you were referring to the power reset sort of portion of the thread.

I moved the printer, plugged it directly into the wall instead of a surge protector plus extension cord, and pressed the power button twenty times before plugging the cord into the unit.

It started up WITHOUT the blinking lights!

It's running the head alignment even as I speak so THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I had not referred to that thread because to my mind, the Pro-100 'powered up' but was in an error state.

However, what do you think? My printer is not... where I want it right now. Was the issue the surge protector? Or the extension cord? Do I have to install an whole new outlet closer to my desired location? ^_^;;

I suspect that the protective circuitry in the power brick is responding to fluctuations caused by other equipment on the same circuit. Direct connection eliminates that. 

My Pro-100 is plugged into a multi-outlet surge protector that is directly plugged into wall outlet. Four+ years and never had an issue. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I purchased my Pro-100 many moons ago and may have printed less than a handful of prints then I left the printer sitting in a corner. For many years I couldn't let this printer go as it was still very much new. Today I thought about throwing it away but before doing that, decided to give it another try. Googled and found this thread. Followed matthewkee's advice as the other solution did not work:

matthewkee "I moved the printer, plugged it directly into the wall instead of a surge protector plus extension cord, and pressed the power button twenty times before plugging the cord into the unit."

Basically I left the power cord plugged into the wall and unplugged the cord from the end going into the back of the printer unit. I then pressed the power button 20x then plugged the cord into the back of the unit. No more alternating blinking lights.

Thank you.

Announcements