Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Pro 10 ink catridge running low

My ink catridge display show that "the following ink tank is running low,...Prepare a new ink tank"

I need to replace now or wait another warning   Thank you

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pro 10 ink catridge running low

There will be a second warning. It says to prepare a new tank so you can be ready to replace at the next warning. I take off the film wrap but don’t twist the orange cover off until I am ready to actually install the cartridge. 

The printer goes through a purge cycle each time a cartridge is replaced, so if you have several cartridges running low you might want to consider replacing all of them at the same time when one of them triggers the ink is out warning. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC
New Contributor

Thank you for your information

nvw
Occasional Contributor

Do you have a reference point to determine what "low" is? For example, if I received a second warning for replacing a one of my cartidges, would you also replace the 72CO cartridge based on the level shown in the attachment?

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 11.48.19 AM.png

Esteemed Contributor

Which one is giving the warnin g? it looks like only the CO is low enough to be replaced if i was doing it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

nvw
Occasional Contributor

I'm not getting an low warning yet on any inks in that example. I was just wondering if one of my inks was giving me a warning, would you also replace the CO at this point as well? I am really just trying to get a sense what "low" is and when to replace an ink even though it might have some life left in it.

Esteemed Contributor

If I received a low warning I would replace all inks that show as low as CO to minimize purge cycles.

I don't have a Pro-10; maybe CO doesn't give the same warning as ink, but if ink was showing that low I would expect to be getting a low ink warning.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

nvw
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. The Pro-10 does give a warning, sometimes. I had not received a warning on the CO cartridge when I took the screen shot but the next time I turned on the printer the cartridge showed as empty and could not print till I replaced it.

New Contributor

Today I conneted the printer to computer,the message warm me to replace one of the catridge,After replace the catridge,and printing in progress,another catridge also outof ink cause the color of paper not match,so better to replace the catridge when the ink tank is low

My 1st catridge detect low is GY,but I still can print another two pcs of A4 photo

My 2nd catridge detect low is CO and PC,but when I print the next A4 photo in progress,the CO alert out of ink

Currently all the ink catridge detect low ink except MBK,so need to replace all the ink catridge

So we won't know when the ink catridge out of ink after alert ink tank is running low

New Contributor

Where/how did you get that ink level utility?