cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 10 head and cartridge removal

harriswk01
Apprentice

Hi,

I've asked this question previously and decided to ask again in a different way to see if someone can help me.  Can you tell me whether you can remove the cartridges and printhead from a Pro 10 and then reinstall a day or two later?  I understand it will probably initiate a cleaning cycle and waste some ink.  My objective is to put the head and carts in a different Pro 10 and continue to use.  Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions you have!

Regards,

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Rick,

Ebiggs1's Answer was fine.  I just hadn't received it by the time I wrote the above recast of the original question!  

I spoke with a Canon a couple months ago and he said all I would have to do would be to leave the idle printer on and the printer would take care of itself. I guess that's going to be my approach even though it will also waste some degree of ink.

Thanks for the your help.

Regards,

Bill

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Bill,

The answer is the same ....  you want to move the printhead and inks between 2 Pro-10's at different times of the year. 

What was wrong with Ebiggs1's answer?

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/2-Canon-Pixma-Pro-10s/m-p/308740

While I think it it could work, you will lose ink every time the head (carrier) and inks are moved.  For optimal results, you'll probably have to perform maintenance, including a nozzle check and alignment after each move.  Not sure its worth the expense as previously pointed out.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick,

Ebiggs1's Answer was fine.  I just hadn't received it by the time I wrote the above recast of the original question!  

I spoke with a Canon a couple months ago and he said all I would have to do would be to leave the idle printer on and the printer would take care of itself. I guess that's going to be my approach even though it will also waste some degree of ink.

Thanks for the your help.

Regards,

Bill

Announcements