cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Canon Pixma Pro 10s

harriswk01
Apprentice

Hello,

I just purchased a Pro 10 to do my own photo printing.  While I have been shooting a long time, I have not successfully done my own printing since film days.  My problem is that I shoot in the northern US in the summer and in S Florida in the winter.  Keeping a quality inkjet printer functioning when the local printer is left unused for months at a time when I am north or south is obviously a problem.  

I had an idea recently to buy 2 identical quality printers to keep in 2 different locations and I could move the active printhead and cartridges back and forth when I migrate following the seasons.  I have yet to purchase the second printer but wanted to open the "idea" up to others to see if I'm missing anything.   I also would be interested in any suggestions regarding the logistics of moving the printhead and cartridges spending about 3 days in transit.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Great, you can always buy one later but give it a go first. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Bill,

I have had three or even more Pro-xxx printers going at one time. Some got used every day some didn't get used for weeks.  They all always worked.  I would just give it a go first just to see.  You may be surprised how well Canon printers handle being idle for longer periods of time.  I only have one Pro-100 now since retirement which gets used sparingly but it always seems to work.  So try it before you buy another printer and the rather bad idea of removing/replacing the print head.

EB

Hi Ebiggs1,

Thanks for your help.  I spoke with a Canon rep a couple months ago and he said all I would have to do would be to leave the idle printer on and the printer would take care of itself.... exactly what you suggested. I guess that's going to be my approach even though it will waste a bit of ink.

Thanks again!  

Regards,

Bill

Great, you can always buy one later but give it a go first. Smiley Happy

EB
Announcements