cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-10 Print Settings - You can print edge to edge on Fine Art paper ?

ianm2k4
Contributor

I have a Canon Pro-10 printer. It is known that in the printer settings if you set the Media Type to a fine art paper then the driver enforces a 30mm margin on the print. So if you try to print from Lightroom but have 10mm margins it refuses to print until you change something.

Now I can get around this by setting the Media type to a photo paper so I could print edge to edge on a fine art paper.

My question is;

As I can set the paper size in the Page Setup dialog, I have colour managed by Lightroom and I use the correct ICC profile for the paper/printer, does this Media Type setting actually do anything in respect of the print? I have printed some canvas prints and I can see no difference in the print quality?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
ICC profile controls color. Media type controls how the ink is laid down. It's been my experience that as long as you select similar surface types everything comes out fine.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
ICC profile controls color. Media type controls how the ink is laid down. It's been my experience that as long as you select similar surface types everything comes out fine.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Announcements