cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-10 prints first print slow

foxandvelvet
Apprentice

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some help with my Pixma pro-10 and I'd be eternally grateful if anyone could solve my problem.

I've had the printer for just under a year and in the past 3 months the issue has started happening more often.

The printer intermittently prints slow, and it seems to happen when I change paper sizes.  Lets say we're printing multiple copies of the same print, the first one will always print slow, then consecutive versions always print at normal speed.

My set up is MacBook Air 2GHZ 8GB RAM running latest version of Yosemite 10.0.2

I have tried:

Reinstalling printer driver by resetting printing system in system prefs.

Reinstalled canon print studio pro.
Changed USB cables

We have two macs and its the same on both macs.

It happen's when we print PDF's from preview so we're thinking its not specific to canon print studio pro.

We genuinely only ever use canon inks.

I have contacted Canon and they suggested sending it away for repair which is an option but I want to exhaust every avenue before I do that.  It just seems like a software issue somewhere and it making me tear my hair out, haha.

Thank you so much for any help anyone is willing to give.

Regards,

Mark

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Mark most of the time a printer only does what it is told to do.  I also think it to be a computer and/or software problem.

I doubt it is the driver but I would look at that end before I boxed up a 60 lb printer for repair.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hi ebiggs1

Thank you for your reply.  If its is a software problem then it is happening on both of our mac at the same time which is unusual.  Fingers crossed I can sort it out eventually.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark

It is possibile the printer is faulty.  No doubt.  You know, anything made by the hand of man...............

But you probably have the exact same software, drivers, on either and each machine.  I still think I would go there first.  It is going to be a pain to mess with getting the printer to a service person if it truly is the culprit.  You need to be sure.

EB

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Is it just PDF's? Do other things - photos, documents etc print at a 'normal' speed?

Adobe have something about this also.. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/392854 ?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements