cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-1 banding

sm60
Contributor

I have a pro-1 and I am having a banding problem. There are dark bands running horizonatlly that appear mostly in dark areas of the image. I did a nozzle check and the test looks fine. I alligned the printhead and there is still banding. Any help would be great. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sm60,

What version of Windows (or OSX) is installed on your computer?

What paper type/manunfacturer are you using?

What program are you printing from (Photoshop, Lightroom, etc) ?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am on a Mac, Os is 10.18. I have tried Ilford, Canon and Red River inkjet papers and all have banding. Using Photoshop to print. I have done a nozzle check and it looks fine and I have realigned the print head but that made no difference.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you always have the banding problem or did it just start?

Are you using the Canon IJ Series printer driver (not the AirPrint version)?

Download and print the following test image. Just open it in PS and print it. Don't make any adjustments.

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

Do you get banding in the test image?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The banding issue I just noticed last week. Have had the printer for around 5 years I think, I bought it new. I printed the test image you linked and the banding shows up in the dark areas, on the gray scale where #24 is you can just start to see the banding and then it gets more noticable down into darkers gray and blacks.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK -CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I will try that. I know they no longer service this model and that it is a discontinued one. My friend had one that would Lock up and stop printing and display an error code, I don’t remember the code # but Canon said it could only be fixed by a repair tech but they weren’t servicing it anymore. Hope I can figure this out. Thanks.

Announcements