cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-1 Doesn't finish printing in A3 +

hwashcraft
Contributor

I recently upgraded my Macbook to a current Macbook Pro running Catalina 10.15.3.  I installed the latest Canon Printer Drivers from the website and my Pro-1 is running firmware 2.110.  The printer prints letter size just fine.  However, when I try to print on 13 x 19 paper the last aproximately 10 mm of the image is not finished.  I am printing from ON-1 Raw, but I have saved as a .tiff and printed on Qimage and get the same result.  The image below shows the incomplete printing in the last portion of the print.  The page size in set up is A3+ 30mm borders, but it prints with 25 mm borders.  The same file prints perfectly on letter size.image002.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try printing a new photo.  When the fading issue occurs, immediately print a nozzle check pattern on plain paper and provide a sample of the results.  Details about how to print the pattern can be found at this link.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

There is no horizontal banding in the print, although the darker vertical bars in the CO patch are lighter than shown on the Canon site.  Also, the problem doesn't exist when I print at letter size and happens on every 13 x 19 print.  Also, the banding at the end of the print is always in the same place.  The rest of the print is fine.IMG_2823.jpeg

There are no horizontal bands in the printout.  I postedIMG_2824.jpeg

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

"The page size in set up is A3+ 30mm borders, but it prints with 25 mm borders."

Do you mean you set the paper up to have 30mm borders on all four sides (giving a matted photo appearance) but the margins come out as 25mm?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes.  I personally think there is a printer driver problem.  Possibly an incompatiility with OSX Catalina.  It doesn't seem to care whether I set up a A3+, or A3+ with either of the "art" sized borders (25 or 30).

There is a new driver for Catalina.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...

Also, when you add the printer be sure to wait for the IJ Series version to appear.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

That is my installed printer driver.  I'm not quite sure what you mean by tne "IJ Series" version to appear.  When I install the driver, it doesn't have options.

When you go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners what do you see for your printer. AirPrint or IJ Series?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Neither.  I am connected to a hardwired network and it lists the printer as Canon Pro-1 v1-1 series.  I will attach a screen shot.Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 9.18.20 AM.png

Announcements