cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prints sometimes coming out condensed with color bands (Pixma Pro 100)

lgloeckner
Contributor

This problem has been plauging me on-and-off for the past year. I print from Photoshop using the Print Studio plugin and sometimes it prints fine but, randomly, it sometimes ajdusts my print and adds color bands to the sides or bottom. I cannot predict when this will happen but I've wasted countless pieces of paper and ink from this over the past year and it's beginning to be a very costly and random problem for my small business.

Here are examples of the print that I've currently tried printing seven times unsuccessfully

Despite that particular print not working tonight, I've printed it successfully in the past so I can't blame the file itself for the issue. I've tried different papers, different printer settings and I just can't figure out what is going on.

I'm currently waiting on responses from Canon Support but they've currently had me reinstall the printer driver and reseat the print head.

Any other ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Printing via USB or WiFi?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Typically over WiFi but I tried over USB and had the same issue.

It's odd because it doesn't happen all the time too so it's hard for me to predict. I'm wondering if it has something to do with size of my Photoshop files as they are sometimes quite large.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
It might be a print spool problem. I don’t know how to get into that.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Interesting. I'll look into that. Thanks for the idea.

Announcements