cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing photos? - imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Media Recommendation

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Just watched a video on Fstoppers dot com on printing photos. It noticed he was using a medium that appeared much thicker than standard photo paper from the office supply store. I froze a scene and he was using a Canon Pro 1000 printer. Don't recall when the video was made but any input is most appreciated.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Tintype_18 wrote:

Just watched a video on Fstoppers dot com on printing photos. It noticed he was using a medium that appeared much thicker than standard photo paper from the office supply store. I froze a scene and he was using a Canon Pro 1000 printer. Don't recall when the video was made but any input is most appreciated.

Probably a Fine Art media. Not all printers can utilize the heavier media.

Your printer manual or technical specs will tell you what media types your printer can use.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

See pages 110 and 111 in the User Manual of the PRO-1000.   It mentions the supported paper and weights.  e.g. you can max it out with 107 lb (400 g/m^2) paper if using the manual feed tray.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Tintype_18 wrote:

Probably a Fine Art media. Not all printers can utilize the heavier media.

Your printer manual or technical specs will tell you what media types your printer can use.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Thanks, fellows. will check the manual for my printer, Brand X.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements