cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing on a CANON PRO-100 from POWERPOIINT using MACBOOK PRO

CatK
Apprentice

I am having problems getting the results I want printing PowerPoint slides using my MacBook Pro and a new Canon PRO-100 on Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy.  As far as I can tell, there is not much in the way of print controll in PowerPoint.

The PowerPoint slide consists of several photos that were originally in .jpg format.

I talked to Canon after the first try, which produced a washed out non-sharp image.  The rep had me uninstall the Mac print driver for the PRO-100 and select the Canon printer driver instead.  The next print, using Canon Color Matching, no changes in the color options, 'high' print quality, and 'other glossy paper' came out better, but a bit too dark and still not as sharp as I would like.  

I am comparing the PRO-100 prints against a print on the same paper printed with our old HP Photosmart D5460.  In the HP print the colors are rich and accurate and the detail is extraordinarily fine, without any adjustments to contrast or intensity in the printer menu.  That printer died.  The PRO-100 is the fourth printer I have purchased (sorry Best Buy where I have returned three printers thus far) and I think there must be a software fix for these problems.  (I thought the same thing about the Epson ET 7700 but couldn't get any help from either Best Buy or Epson).

I have tried exporting from PowerPoint to .jpeg, .pdf, .tiff and some of the other options, but the clarity even on the monitor is not as good as that of the PowerPoint .pptx files.

Does anyone else print from PowerPoint with the Canon PRO-100 and have advice on how to get good color and sharpness when producing prints?

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

See the last post in this thread.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4116654

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks, I read that already and tried it.  Did not help.  

Announcements