cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer software issues

Kazthibs
Apprentice

I recently purchased  Canon Pixma pro 100. I'm not sure if there is any compatible software to Print Studio Pro as I can not for the life in me get this software to work. I work on a mac and use Affinity as my photo editing software. Against my better judgment I purchased Photoshop Elements, just so I could use Print Studio Pro. I am printing artwork and it's important to be able to select fine art papers and get the correct color profiles. 

The Print Studio Pro installer could not find Photoshop Elements on my computer so I had to manually add the plugin in the plugin folder of elements. The plugin shows up in the automated dropdown menu but once I click on the application it freezes up the Elements program. I'm left with no choice but to shut down Photoshop Elements.

I find it very frustrating that I have to keep spending money to get the best out of this printer. You would think a big company like Canon would provide more options for their expensive products.

Is there something else I can do to get this working. I'm currently using Mojave 10.14.6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AirPrint is your problem.

Go into System Preferences->Printers & Scanners, select the "+" button to add a printer and then wait for the Canon IJ Series printer to appear. It could take a few minutes.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

As of this writing 12-27-2019 PSP only supports Elements v2019.  2020 is not supported yet.  MAC or PC.

Software like:

Affinity

DxO Photolab (me)

Luminar

Capture One

are not supported natively by PSP's workflow.  If you want to use it, you'll need to do so with a supported application:

RN.png

I am a windows users, but the same applies.  I have not used Affinity, but DxO PLE works very well with this printer.  Everything I need to control the printer is there.  I am not using PSP (which is primarily intended for Adobe CC or Elements through 2019.    If you own Elements 2020, I would use it (alone) until Canon adds supports for it in PSP.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hello Kazthibs.

You should be able to select media types and profiles using Affinity Photo. Just be sure that you select "ColorSync"

Affinity Photo - IMG_0006.JPG (42.5%) 2019-12-27 10-00-52.jpg

Additional thought - do you have the IJ Series version of the printer installed and not the AirPrint version?

You want to see something like this:

Printers & Scanners 2019-12-27 10-14-40.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I have the AirPrint version, but I'm also confused because I didn't see any other options.

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 12.29.28 PM.png

AirPrint is your problem.

Go into System Preferences->Printers & Scanners, select the "+" button to add a printer and then wait for the Canon IJ Series printer to appear. It could take a few minutes.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes! That made a big difference. Thank you.

Glad to help.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Greetings, all,

Im new here, and found this forum and thread because I'm having issues very similar to what the original poster describes.

I am running Catalina, 10.15.3 beta, in case that matters.

I cannot find the "Canon IJ series printer" - it does not appear in the add printer window, even after roughly 15 minutes. THe "kind' column for the PRO-100 in the add printer window shows "Bonjour" - im not familiar with those details.

Also - when I was previously "experimenting" with getting the printer to behave, I had it connected to my iMac via ethernet cable (via a router.) When I would attempt to print from DPP4, using Print Studio Pro as a plugin, PSP would open briefly, then show a message to the effect of "no such printer installed" (or something similar.) I experimented with using a USB connection to the printer, the problem with PSP and DPP4 went away.

Am I missing something simple, or can someone coach me through all of this? Many thanks in advance,

Marty

Welcome to the forum. 

Have you downloaded and installed the latest Canon printer driver for Catalina?

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Well... I attempted to (ha!) I found similar conversations in the Mac and/or printing forums over on DPReview, I downloaded the installer, but when I tried to run the installer, it reported that my printer has firmware revision 2.0.0.1, and apparently the “official” latest version is 1.1.0.0. That left me scratching my head...

Announcements