cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer driver for Pixma Pro9000 MKII

Asio
Contributor

I just attempted to print something important on my Pixma Pro 9000 MK II using Canon Print Studio Pro. I configured the print job as usual, clicked print, got a pair of windows to acknowledge, then....

...nothing happened.

Hmmm. I had used this printer a month ago, what changed? Oh, right, I just updated to Mac Mojave.

So I went looking for a new printer driver, but when I reached the page for drivers for this printer, it seemed there were no drivers for Mojave.

Can this be correct? Am I missing something?

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Asio,

The PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II is not supported with macOS v10.14 (Mojave).  macOS v10.13 (High Sierra) was the last version of OSX that is supported.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick,

I am no fan of Canon, partly based on the information you offered, and partly on a comparable problem when I encountered recently with my small all-in-one Canon printer too: NO SUPPORT. 

No, I'll not buy another Canon printer. Not ever. Not even for a bargain price. I won't patronize Canon.

There's nothing wrong with my Pixma Pro 9000.  The only limitation is the driver. The point is not lost on me that Canon needs some way to sell more hardware. So they stop providing drivers, making functional hardware into worthless devices. I will not reward them with purchase of a replacement for my fully functional printer. 

Here's my work-around: I have an older MacBook Pro running on High Sierra. I can use that to operate my Pixma Pro 9000 Mk II. Currently it does not have Canon Print Studio Pro installed. Tomorrow I'll search for the link to download that. I want to make a print of an old image of mine to give to someone special. I'll just have to work a little harder to do that, thanks to Canon's policy of NO SUPPORT.

Why am I not able to find Print Studio Pro on Canon website?

https://hk.canon/en/support/0200493310

The page linked here clearly shows that Print Studio Pro supports macOS 10.14 Mojave. But after downloading and installing it, then accessing it in Photoshop as I have many times, I get a message saying "a printer supported by this software is not found." 

Presumably the answer to that is that this version of PSP may have dropped the Pixma Pro 9000 Mk II printer? 

Is there a work-around for that?

Hoping to install PSP on my MacBook Pro (High Sierra), I expected that the Canon website would still have those installers. I didn't find them.  

I have located folders on my MacPro with files named PrintStudioPro and one file in one of them "Plug-In install."  Moving that folder to the MacBook Pro seemed a long shot for installing. It was:  When I run that, it reports "a required file is not found". 

Any suggestions?

Announcements