cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print shop studio does not rercognize icc from Ilford paper

Guy1
Contributor

Hi !

When I go to print from Lightroom and Print shop studio, event if the ICC for my Ilford paper is clearly listed in my printing parameters, it does not apper in the different presets for color management in the pere printing menu. Instead I get the Canon pro 3 semi-gloss ICC.

Thanks so much for your help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There is the ICC profile, which controls adjusting colors to get a good color match, nd there is the media type, which controls how the printer lays down the ink.

In the example below Ilford says o use the Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster media type selection.

Capture.JPG

Is this what you are asking about? ( changed the name of the Ilford ICC profile; it is the one downloaded from Ilford site).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

Hi !

Thank you so much for replying to my question.

I have changed the profile from the Ilford profile to  a Canon pro-100 for Ilford ...smooth pearl etc

As for the media type, I use the Ilford smooth pearl paper 310 GSM. Wich one should I choose in the Canon list ?

Is relative colometric better than perception ?

Yes I have calibrated my screen.

Thank you so much for your help.

Guy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There is the ICC profile, which controls adjusting colors to get a good color match, nd there is the media type, which controls how the printer lays down the ink.

In the example below Ilford says o use the Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster media type selection.

Capture.JPG

Is this what you are asking about? ( changed the name of the Ilford ICC profile; it is the one downloaded from Ilford site).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi !

Thank you so much for replying to my question.

I have changed the profile from the Ilford profile to  a Canon pro-100 for Ilford ...smooth pearl etc

As for the media type, I use the Ilford smooth pearl paper 310 GSM. Wich one should I choose in the Canon list ?

Is relative colometric better than perception ?

Yes I have calibrated my screen.

Thank you so much for your help.

Guy

Ilford has complex but clever naming system for their profiles if you download them from the Iflord site.

If profile is called: n_GPSPP11_CANpro-100_PPPSn, its Galerie Prestige Smooth Pearl Paper for Canon Pro-100, Canon media type Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss.

You can download the crib sheet from the Ilford website; its included in the folder when you download a profile.

Ilford recommends Relative Colormetric. I've never been able to see adifference.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you for the information

Glad to help. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements