cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro v2.2.3, Win10, PS 2019 / 2020 failure to load plugin: "PSP NO VERSION"

reismj
Apprentice

Hi folks. I've seen several threads on this, but haven't found a solution to this issue.

V2.2.3 specifically says

"Adobe Photoshop CC 21.x (2020) and Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 have been added as an applicable associated application."

"Adobe Photoshop CC 20.x (CC 2019) and Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 have been added as an applicable associated application."

I followed the previous answers on installation by using the plug-in installation tool, and navigating to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Plug-ins and then clicking "next". I did this for CC 2019 as well.

When loading PS 2020 or 2019, I get the "addon failed to load" dialog box, with the folling message in the system log:

Plug-ins that failed to load:

Canon Layout Plug-In for Print Studio Pro NO VERSION - - from the file “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Plug-ins\PSP\CNPSPPLayout.8li”
Canon Print Studio Pro Export NO VERSION - - from the file “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Plug-ins\PSP\CNPSPP03.8BE”
Canon Print Studio Pro NO VERSION - - from the file “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Plug-ins\PSP\CNPSPP01.8LI”
PSP NO VERSION - - from the file “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Plug-ins\PSP\CNPSPP02.8BF”

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

After performing the install using the plug-In installation utility, did you verify that the plug-Ins actually exist in the installation directories before trying to run?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the suggestion. I did verify that the "PSP" folder is in both the 2019 and 2020 Photoshop folders. I deleted these and re-installed 2.2.3 to verify.

I was on a call yesterday with Canon tech support, and we were able to succesfully install PSP for Canon's Digital Photo Professional, so this issue seems isolated to Adobe's software

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I do not have that experience with same basic computer configuration. Maybe try deleting and reinstalling Ps.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements