cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro problem with Mac OS and P-Shop CC 2017 and Lightroom...

VinnyH
Apprentice

Using a Pixma Pro-10

I have played around with installing the plugins but still get this message, I use a Mac Mini with High Sierra and plenty of ram. All new Canon drivers have been installed as well as the current Print Studio Pro.

"A printer supported by this software is not found. Connect a printer supported by this software, and then install its driver.
Exiting Print Studio Pro."

The printer is nearby and working fine wirelessly with the Lightroom Classic CC and other basic Mac programs.

Any thoughts will be appreciated,

Thanks,

VinnyH

3 REPLIES 3

BillS
Mentor

Hi VinnyH,

If Print Studio Pro does not appear in the menu of Photoshop, Photoshop Elements or Lightroom even after installing Print Studio Pro, follow these steps to install the Photoshop Plug-In.

1. Exit Photoshop, Photoshop Elements or Lightroom
  2. From the Start menu, select All Programs > Canon Utilities > Print Studio Pro > Print Studio Pro Plug-In Install.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to install

The Photoshop Plug-in may not be installed if Photoshop, Photoshop Elements or Lightroom has never been started.

If using Lightroom, the Photoshop Plug-in needs to be installed on a user-by-users basis.  If you have multiple user accounts on the computer, install it on a user-by-user basis.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Bill,

It is in the menu. When I access it in P-Shop or Lightroom I get that message about not finding my printer. The printer is set as the default on my Mac and is found and works with other programs.

Thanks,

Vinny

Hi VinnyH,

Let's next re-install the drivers.

1. Click HERE.

2. Scroll down to "Recommended Drivers."

3. Click “Select” next to "Pro-10 series CUPS Printer Driver."

4. Press "Download."

5. Open and run the file.

6. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements